Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse, Operating Room, PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL -- Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute. --
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation---s leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically, HCA has been named one of Ethisphere---s World---s
Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
--Position Description: The Operating Room RN provides nursing care
in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols
of the healthcare organization. --The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. -- --
- Current FL RN Licensure.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) as a
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.--Notice Our Company---s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking--here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Aventura , Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!